Scooter Cannonball 2006

Thirty scooters... 3293 miles cross-country... Everything will be fine.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Day two complete

The word for the day: mountains. One in particular, Mt. Galena, at over 8700 feet at the summit, kicked my butt. The poor little GT could only manage 40mph climbing that baby. I am not looking to see how tall the mountains are tomorrow in Wyoming.

Apparently I did not say enough good things about Oregon and it punished me today by not letting me leave for an hour. I spent that hour driving in circles in some town on the Oregon-Idaho border (name withheld). Lesson learned: always trust Bonnie (the voice of the TomTom). She might not always have the optimal route, but she never sends you in circles.

Cannonball gossip: DC Rob and Jim from Ptown Scooters are on the sidelines with non-working scooters. Work is in progress to resusitate them, I believe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please include name of town so we can track progress on map.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I hear the next mountains are 9700 or so feet...guess you'll be using your feet to get up that hill tomorrow! Good luck hon, I love you.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home