Scooter Cannonball 2006

Thirty scooters... 3293 miles cross-country... Everything will be fine.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day three done! (Dubois, WY)

We finished today in Dubois, Wyoming. The day was a combination of good things and bad things.

The good...

I smoked over the two high passes (Teton Pass at 9700+ and the pass through at the Continental Divide, 9658 feet). Other passes don't even matter much, there was one at 6764 feet of elevation, others at 4000 and 5000 feet.

I finished tenth today pulling into Dubois, WY, at 2:42pm MDT. Hurray! Much more reasonable time. Probably due to my saying good things about Idaho, so it let me leave.

The bad...

The @*+!?#*?! TomTom is dead. I pulled off to snap a picture of the bike in front of the Grand Tetons (and sign) and when I went back to power the GPS back on, nuthin. I have been playing with it since I got in and no life. Sigh. I do not understand what was going through those TomTom people's heads when they released this inferiorly packaged product.

Tires are wearing... the roads out here are like sandpaper. Kind of worrisome.

Oh, and the biggest bummer for some of you is that there is no Verizon service here. No calls, no blog updates until tomorrow.

***

Dubois is a nice little town, it should be a pleasant evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home