Scooter Cannonball 2006

Thirty scooters... 3293 miles cross-country... Everything will be fine.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day four completed (Valentine, NE)

Five hundred thirty-two miles completed today in about 10 hours. There were many stops today trying to figure out the cause of the extreme boggy-ness of the GT. It seemed excessive to me even given the fact that the route stayed between 5000 and 6000 feet all day (more or less). Also, I was worried about running full throttle all day, so we had to be nice to the poor GT and give it a few rest stops.

It does not make sense to me (the non-mechanic) but I discovered it was a bit low on oil so I threw in a few ounces. Poof! The extreme boggy-ness went away, so I was left with the usual 'no power on hills' altitude issue. That I can plan around.

I was the twelfth bike in at 6:08pm CDT. Scotty is still out as of this moment, though he has to be close since I talked with him over an hour ago and he was 75 miles out. The sheepskin was definitely a good idea, today's ride really was a killer.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another 500 mile day. Gotta pull out the directions and see... ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home